With a bowl of surreal.
Admit it, you chuckled.
This summer has been wonderful, but oh-so busy. I wouldn’t have it any other way, I’m just saying it cuts into my creative cooking time. I’m still cooking, it’s just on an “I’M SO HUNGRY, GET IN MY BELLY NOW” level. Which means, not too much time for pretty pictures. Just time to cook and eat.
So, I wanted to do something quick and easy and fun. First thought? Cereal treats. I mean…marshmallow and cereal? How can you go wrong.
The answer is you can’t. They are great every time.
I went to the cupboard and found that I didn’t have enough ingredients to make a full batch, but I DID have enough to make a recipe for two–if you’re feeling inclined to share. Or a single serve recipe if you’re not in a generous mood…and when it comes to cereal treats, I understand.
The great part of this recipe is that you can pick which ever cereal you like best. Don’t have the tradition rice krispies? Use cheerios. Don’t have those? Use fruit loops. Whatever man, it all works, and it all tastes great.
I used coconut oil in mine. I like the flavor. You can use real butter if you prefer.
Cereal Treats for Two, or Maybe Just You.
- Start by melting ½ a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Then add four large marshmallows, or the mini marshmallows, and microwave again for about twenty more seconds.
- The marshmallows will start puffing up, so keep an eye on them so they don’t come over the edge of the bowl.
- Once you remove the bowl from the microwave, they will deflate again.
- Stir the melted butter or oil and marshmallows together until smooth.
- Mix in 1 cup of cereal and stir until well blended.
- You can let them set for 5 minutes, or eat right away. (I suggest right away!)